Friday, March 7, 2008

Taking Stock

DryShips (DRYS) now has EPS of over $13 and a P/E of 5, along with institutional ownership at around 30%. If you ask me, that is absolutely incredible, especially considering the demand coming from China for dry goods like iron ore. The Baltic Dry Index has also been rising back toward where it was before the iron ore price negotiations with BaoSteel. Those fundamentals are incredible. It is a potential double from these levels.

It looks as though I might get my limit order for more MEMC Electronics Materials (WFR) filled. They are increasing capacity of their solar wafer production, and the demand for solar wafers will be good for quite some time.

I bought more Ultra Petroleum (UPL) recently, partially because they have been increasing production and the price of natural gas has been going up.

I'm cursing Boeing's name today, because it seems as though they might yet again delay the production of the 787. It is partially the cause of the drop of B/E Aerospace (BEAV). They will produce the jet sooner or later though.

I'll probobly get my limit order for Crystallex (KRY) filled before Hugo Chavez approves the mining permit.

I, along with others, would like to see the GDP stay in positive territory at the end of this month. It will be the final report for
the first quarter of the year, and would probobly ease fears of an immediate recession. The fact that the unemployment rate and the UICs both decreased is a good sign. Consumers are not losing their jobs. Inflation is on the rise, which it will be interesting to see what the Fed does with interest rates once the mortgage folly is worked off.

This is one of thos time periods that I don't like to go and look at my portfolio. ick.

No comments: