Monday, June 22, 2009

Taking Stock: I'm Glad!!

I have been observing different developments and events in the market lately, and was having a very bad feeling about what could possibly be happening this week. Several of my positions were at a sort of undecided crossroad, so I did my due diligence this morning before the opening bell and put in several stop-loss orders. Most of those orders were in precious metals, oil, and natural gas related positions.

It looks as though they were all more than triggered this morning, and I will probobly be setting some more. Over the next day or so, I'll be watching to see if it will be a good time to take a position in SDS.

I'm willing to bet that a part of the FOMC presentation this week will contain, implied or otherwise, something to the effect of 'There is no threat of inflation'. So, it was definitely a little past due to bail out of gold and other inflation related positions for a little while.

I'll also be keeping my eye on the Dollar Index (DXY0) in the near future, and waiting to see what the broad market is going to do.

No comments: