Monday, December 15, 2008

Taking Stock: The Events That I Have Been Waiting For

The Dollar is falling, and the price of Silver and Gold is in rally mode. The price of oil has not increased at the rate that I would like, (no offense to those enjoying the price of gasoline lately) but it more than likely will soon enough. I'd like to see the precious metals mining stocks rally out of sync with the energy stocks, so that I can take advantage of it. In that case, I could trim back my gold and silver mining stocks, and roll it over into energy (I secretly wished for that to happen several months ago).

Somehing that is baffling me, along with several other people, at the moment is just exactly what is going on with NovaGold. Why the rally? I'll keep my eye on that one.

Check out the steel producers index(es) along with the China's stock market indexes. The Baltic Dry Index (BDI) has also been inching up. Welcome back China?

No comments: