Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Taking Stock: A Quick Note

If, by some chance, you got in on the Eagle Bulk (EGLE) or Excel Maritime (EXM)on my behalf ...

Congratulations, and you are welcome. I quite honestly was not really expecting that much of a run to happen so quickly! Wow! I primarily had the yield in mind, and was taking into consideration that the economy (namely China) will turn around soon enough (I was thinking several months from now). For example, DryShips went from ~$4 per share to almost $11 per share.

11/4 = ??

I'm still in the camp of getting a major market rally soon. My first thought when I heard that the NBER had announced that we were in a recession was "Wow, maybe now the market will turn around and go higher for a little while, at least a bear market rally". We shall see.

One of the things that I have noticed with stocks is that the majority of them have a tendency to follow a very similar pattern to the broad market. Not necessarily an exact pattern, but very close. That is probobly why quite a few people trade the S&P 500 indexes rather than individual stocks.

No comments: