Thursday, February 19, 2009

Taking Stock: Breakout Fakeout

Well ... so much for the supposed breakout! Instead, the broad market sold off to new lows. There has been some discussion about some of the DJIA-30 components being replaced with some new ones, which should be interesting.

As of late, I have just been looking for some trades, and to implement the guidelines that I have learned from watching Dan Fitzpatrick's videos. One of the stocks that I was looking at earlier today was Compass Minerals (CMP). It looks to me like it has a nice trading range/channel.

I was reading another article about Boeing being in production of the 787 Dreamliner. I also noticed that Airbus is in production of their A380 jet.

I am a little wary of Transocean (RIG) at the present time, because it normally trades dollar for dollar with the price of oil. Oil is ~$40/bbl, and Transocean is trading up ~$60/share. I put in a stop-loss order at $55/share as a precaution on the divergence.

No comments: