Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Taking Stock: The Current Theme

The curent theme now is, as Dr. Leeb has been mentioning for months, is an impending breakout of the broad market to the upside due to inflation/reflation.

Check out Dan Fitzpatrick's free chart of the week and you will see what I mean.

I love it. That's what I have been waiting for for a few months now. It is a good scenario for precious metals and other commodities. I have also noticed that the earnings reports for quite a few of the companies that I have shares in will be repoted in the latter half of this month, which I am looking forward to.

The Baltic Dry Index moved to the upside by 168 points today, which is great for DryShips (DRYS). The CEO of DryShips, George Econonou, managed to get the debt covenants reworked with a better deal than what he had before. The stop loss that I had put in was executed, but I ended up buying it back for $0.40-$0.50 cheaper than what I had sold it for along with more shares than what I had before. The BDI moving up with leaps and bounds is a great catalyst for DryShips (DRYS) and dry-bulk shipping in general.

Great news from Boeing regarding the 787 Dreamliner. Granted, they are only for testing, but at least they are in production now. Now I am anxious for the earnings of both Hexcel (HXL) and B/E Aerospace (BEAV) to be affected by the production.

No comments: